Creative and engaging Instagram captions, how to do it? In this post, I will explain how to increase your Instagram engagement and why engaging captions are so Important! Check out my Instagram profile
Why are creative and engaging Instagram captions so important?
Creating the perfect Instagram account is an art. When you catch the audience’s attention by having a polished bio and make them want to stay for a while by having a consistent theme and grid, there is also a chance to start building relations and engagement. You get it thanks to captions.
Writing a good Instagram caption can be really, really hard. But it is important to think about it carefully because it could be the key to having your post seen by more people. The caption should provide context for photography, inspire your followers, and show brand personality.
Get your free 5 captions and 5 pictures right now!
Good Instagram captions can be either short or long, funny or profound, the important thing is that they are engaging. Just like your pictures, you should schedule your Instagram captions in advance and take the time to write (and rewrite) them until you find the right one.
To help you create Instagram captions that are as great as your photos, today I’m gonna share some rules I follow with you.
6 tips for writing more creative and engaging Instagram captions
- Include effective call-to-action. They are one of the best ways to inspire your followers to comment on your posts, which will help drive more engagement on your account. For example, you could ask your followers to take action by clicking the link in your bio, buying a product, answering a question, tagging a friend, participating in a giveaway, etc. Of course, you don’t have to include a call-to-action in every caption.
- Tell a short story. Telling a quick story helps you connect with your followers and build a deeper relationship with them. You can also write a behind-the-scenes caption, for example, to explain how a product is made. This creates a sense of authenticity, trust, and connection with your target audience.
- Write a targeted caption. Don’t try to attract everyone, it’s better to attract 100 engaged customers, then 1,000 passive followers. So, create a compelling caption that attracts your ideal client.
- Place important words at the beginning. Captions are cut off in users’ feeds after a few lines of text (3-4), so you need to convey your key point or call-to-action right away. Put any mentions and hashtags at the end.
- Write both long and shorter captions. Writing a long caption about an experience you had can help you connect with your audience, but your followers may not always appreciate a long caption, it can get boring. Instead, mix them with shorter ones. They can also be silly quotes or jokes to make fun.
- Use emojis. You can use emojis to add personality to your caption. You can insert them at the beginning of your caption to catch the eye of your followers, or put them in the place of entire words, keeping your copy short and fun. But remember to not overuse them.
These are 6 rules that I’m following to write my captions. They are definitely helping me a lot and I hope they will be useful to you too.
Get your free 5 captions
Where to find engaging captions
I’ve created a collection of styled stock photos, CAPTIONS, and hashtags ready to be used and customized! You can get access to my membership for only $25 each month and you will receive:
1. 20 professional photos (all taken for you by me)
- styled desktops
- lifestyle images
- seasonal images
- and more!
No more spending hours to take a picture, edit it and style it or searching for a photo to publish from other profiles.
You will have your own quality images, ready to be posted. They change out every month so you’ll always have something fresh.
Sign up here
- 2. Access to a brand new set of engaging and customizable captions each month
- 3. And you get these awesome bonuses:
- a) New Hashtags: each month, you will receive new niche-specific hashtags. These hashtags are proven to work by attracting your ideal audience and targeting your potential customers.
- b) Exclusive access to a private Facebook Group where you can ask questions about the photos, captions, and hashtags. This is the place to get your questions answered.
- c) PLUS: You will get the scoop on new Instagram updates so you can start using all the newest strategies.
Sign up here
Do you have more tips on how to write creative engaging Instagram captions? Let me know in the comments below.
Related Post: How to Create 30 Days of Instagram Content In Just One Day
This post was very helpful! I’ve been wanting to put more energy on Instagram but struggled to get started. Reading this inspired me to get going!
I’m so glad that you like it!
I don’t have an instagram but have been wanting to make one for a while. This post is very informational and practical.
What a great post, I often neglect good engaging posts on Instagram. I mostly share tidbits of my life, I really need to hone in on it for the blogging side. I am glad I read this, because you’re right engaging Instagram comments are important.
Yeah its so right and this is such a great tips that you shared to everyone.
Great post and fab ideas. I think writing engaging captions is just as important as having good photographic content.
Hey, tried to pin this post but a message is popping up asking for “image_url”. My IG account has been on a hibernation mode for past 3-4 months. Your tips are so practical, they’re compelling to put some more energy to reboot it. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the tips!
Yes to this whole post, I always forget about emojis! Having organic and engaging posts really helps drive traffic to your account. It’s so key to write a cleaver caption to make people stop and look at your content.
This is very informative! I will have to keep these tips in mind! Thank you!
Yes! I can always use some pointers on how to switch up my Instagram captions to make it more engaging! I mean, it’s so hard these days to grow on IG! Your tips, overall, are so helpful!
I can always use tips like these. I need to tell more stories. I agree, use emojis!!
This post is great. Thanks for the quick an easy ideas, some brilliant tips which I look forward to implementing!
Great post! Thank you! Will stay tuned for more!
I am just starting to schedule my instagram posts ahead of time and really look at the captioning, imagery etc in a matrix to get more consistent. This article is a great help with some great tips. Thanks!